Re: Engineering compensation

I suggest that you broaden you base. I do about 1/3 of my work for
design/build contractors where the contractor and I hire the architect if
we need one, 1/3 for owners-where we may hire an architect or I may do
all of the work, and the remainder doing all kinds of other things
including forensic work, construction management for public agencies and
other odd engineering jobs including working for architects. In the past
I have developed my own engineering work by developing properties.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA