Re: 2nd floor addition

Thanks to all who responded. I guess my lack of experience shows through
based on some of the emails I received privately (mostly about getting
someone who knows what they are doing (i.e. - this is too difficult for
you)).

This email list is valuable to me because I work for a very small firm with
only one source to draw upon, hence my reliance on this list for the things
most of you probably take for granted.

Also, the poor grammar and typos in the original post likely had bearing on
some of the responses I received.

I think Mr. Richards had the correct thinking, just tear it down and don't
worry about it. The foundations don't work anyway, there are no hold-downs,
and it is pennies relative to the cost of other things on this project.

Thanks again to all and I apologize if I am asking questions that are too
basic or wasteful of your time.

gary