RE: 2nd floor addition

Gary,
There are no questions too basic for this group or any that I am on. Keep
your questions coming and don't worry about the ego's - this is a lifeline
to many of us who have little or no experience in certain materials but are
faced with designing them at some point in our practice. As with you, many
of us are all there are in the area and what we don't know, we learn.
So for you and all the others out there who feel that their questions are
too elementary let me assure you - "most" of us don't know it all and would
be happy to learn along with you!

Dennis S. Wish, PE