RE: Aluminum Base Plate

This is absolutely correct.  I was an engineer for an aluminum curtainwall
manufacturer for a few years and the two materials must be separated.  We
used PVC, in general.  I also recall reading a letter from a manufacturer
(Hilti? Ramset/Redhead?- I don't remember) that did not recommend the use of
galvanized anchors in sill conditions due to the moisture.

Jack Creviston, EIT