RE: 2nd floor addition

>From a non-structural point of view Stan makes a good point. Strictly from a
structural practical point of view though by the time you pull all the old
elect, strip the interior, etc it is just easier to start over.  If the
rooms are small I have set a 4x12 on top of a wall and allowed it to span
across but typically not worth the effort.

George Richards

-----Original Message-----
From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 7:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: 2nd floor addition

Be careful about tearing everything down if it is a small lot. You may be
setting yourself up for a smaller footprint or many more requirements. By
adding on many times you can escape recently adopted regulations such as
new curb and gutter, sidewalks, underground electric, etc.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA