Construction Hall of Shame Spotlight: "LUXURY BY DESIGN, QUALITY BY CHANCE"

The Boston Globe has been tracking construction quality defects and published the above article on April 29, 2001. The article focuses on a high-end development by the Toll Brother's in a subdivision called Hopkinton Highlands. The homes are valued up to $800,000.00. This is an interesting article as it not only highlight the building code violations but provides a three dimensional multi-media event online for you to see the problem areas discussed in the article.
Construction defects are not only the interest of the non-engineered low to middle income homes, but can occur at any and all levels of construction quality. Defects are not only a concern in high risk areas as our Southern California focus has implied. I invite you to take a look by visiting this weeks spotlight on our Construction Hall of Shame at:
http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action="">

Please make sure that the above link (if viewed in plain text) is copied to your browsers address line starting with http: and ending with BID=129. There are to be no spaces or line breaks for the link to work.

While you are there, take a look at our other spotlights on Construction defects.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply visit our discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action="">

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire link beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no spaces between any of the letters or characters.

Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: