Re: Engineering compensation

If you are unsuccessful at getting us to leave our present positions,
perhaps what you are offering is merely inadequate.  If, as suggested,
this is really a "free market" at work, and you can't find qualified
people, pay more.

OTOH, if you are not offering more, it is because you are yet convonced
that you can buy what you want for less.

--- Russ Nester, SE & GE