To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Engineering compensation
From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 13:31:28 -0400 (EDT)
I interpret George's remark to mean 6% of the ENTIRE project value, not
just the values of the structural portion of the project. I could be
On Tue, 1 May 2001, Caldwell, Stan wrote:
> George Richards wrote:
> I dream of what I call the SIX PERCENT SOLUTION. The EOR should get 6% of
> the value of the project for his services, for being responsible for the
> health, safety and welfare of the public.
> Why settle for 6% of the value of the structural work? Although we
> occasionally settle for this, we frequently get 8% or 9%, and occasionally
> get up to 14%. In my opinion, anyone working for less than 6% of the value
> of the structural work is doing themselves, their families, and the
> profession a disservice!
> Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
> Dallas, Texas ... Go Stars! Go Mavs!
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org