RE: Engineering compensation

Title: RE: Engineering compensation

George Richards wrote:

I dream of what I call the  SIX PERCENT SOLUTION.  The EOR should get 6% of the value of the project for his services, for being responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the public.

George:

Why settle for 6% of the value of the structural work?  Although we occasionally settle for this, we frequently get 8% or 9%, and occasionally get up to 14%.  In my opinion, anyone working for less than 6% of the value of the structural work is doing themselves, their families, and the profession a disservice!

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas ... Go Stars! Go Mavs!