To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Round HSS or Steel Pipe??
From: Balmer James <James.Balmer(--nospam--at)rsandh.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 14:40:16 -0400
I can not find in the HSS availability list a 1-1/2" outside diameter, 11
gage round HSS. Because of this, I would tend to classify it as a Steel
Pipe (not a round HSS) and assume the properties per ASTM A53. (I've had a
person tell me quite emphatically that the section above is structural
tubing and not steel pipe. However, he has not backed it up yet.)
Is anyone aware of steel pipe being manufactured to ASTM specs other than
A53 and A500? Also, is it a safe bet that if a round section is not listed
in the ASD manual, then it is not produced to A500?
Thanks in advance.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org