RE: Engineering compensation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Engineering compensation
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 15:51:41 -0500
Gerard Madden wrote:
Would it be fair to assume that your work is primarily industrial in nature?
As I age, and my kids get closer to college, and as the price of a 2 bedroom house gets to 1 million bucks (about 750k right now ... 1200 square feet ... needs work), I'll be moving to Dallas were Stan will be paying me big bucks (6 figures and a Luxury Box at Ranger Games) :>) !
Not more than 10% of our work is industrial. The remaining 90% is split more-or-less evenly between public and private sector clients. We design the same wide variety of concrete and steel building types that well-established "pure" (structural-only) firms do. We also design bridges of all types, and a variety of special purpose structures.
You've come a long way in one week, Gerard. Your latest posts have been polite, and don't mention anything further about manure or radiation. I'm proud of you! In suburban Dallas, $750K would buy a new two-story brick home of about 6,000 s.f. with a big swimming pool in the backyard. Compensation might pleasantly surprise you. Nobody here cares much about the Rangers over in Arlington, or the Cowboys in Irving. Dallas is primarily a hockey town. Lately, it's becoming a basketball town as well.
Stan Caldwell, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: RE: Engineering compensation
- Next by Subject: RE: Engineering compensation
- Previous by thread: Re: RE: Engineering compensation
- Next by thread: Re: Engineering compensation