From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:07:03 -0400
John Riley wrote:
. > I'm an old guy, we never say "bid"
In fact, when someone asks me to "bid" on a job, I tell them that I don't
engage in bidding for professional services.
When another engineering or architectural firm asks for an "opportunity" to
submit a bid for sub-consultant services on one of my projects, I strike that
firm from consideration.
Most of the time proposals from selected consultants that I have received, I
consider too low and have to ask if the fee they propose is enough.
A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org