Re: Engineering compensation

John Riley wrote:

. > I'm an old guy, we never say "bid"

Ditto!

In fact, when someone asks me to "bid" on a job, I tell them that I don't
engage in bidding for professional services.

When another engineering or architectural firm asks for an "opportunity" to
submit a bid for sub-consultant services on one of my projects, I strike that
firm from consideration.

Most of the time proposals from selected consultants that I have received, I
consider too low and have to ask if the fee they propose is enough.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona