From: David B Merrick <mrkgp(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:21:17 -0700
Scott M Haans wrote..
P.S. By my reading of ACI 530-99 and the IBC
2000 it is ok to construct a
masonry shearwall with non-loadbearing glass
block with type O mortar or
plastic cement mortar in Southern California.
What a great reference!! Where is it written in the IBC?
What are the shear values for glass block?
Are there limits to height? (infill an existing steel frame tower)
Is there a melting point for plastic cement? (fire issue)
Is glass block a wall or window? (for perscriptive energy compliance)
Thank you for the idea. I hope it is a working part of the code.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org