Common roof over adjacent buildings

Dear Colleagues,
I'm working on the possibility of having one common
roof, i.e. metal deck, over two adjacent buildings.
Although there is a separation joint between two
buildings, the architect prefers the meal deck to be
in one piece without joint. I'm thinking about having
sliding bearing support on one building &/or a big
cantilever over that. Joint separation is 4" and
cantilever span won't be less than 20ft.
I appreciate any hint or idea about this.
Sincerely,
Frank

=====
email: fmtehrani(--nospam--at)msn.com