RE: Engineering compensation

I know what you mean Dennis.... I think Bill listens to Rush Limbaugh all day and probably believes 110% of his non-sense. I guess I get a little tired of this "Texas is the place" garbage, especially with our new president.

I got into it with Bill last year because of an Intelligence comment I made about Mr. Bush. It didn't seem to matter too much to Bill that I was a registered Republican, but I came to my ultra conservative portrait of him based on those exchanges and later posts (i.e. homeless comment , h1b visa comment , foreign engineers think they're gods with a degree only).  He strikes me as the stereotypical WASP in the bible belt with the "everyone else is wrong" mentality.

I agree with Bill about 5 % of the time, but I like his activity and enjoy reading his comments for humor.

Anyway ... he usually does not respond to many comments I make because I chastised him on the foreign engineer and young engineer comments.

How are you doing? I still haven't played any guitar lately....

I hear ya loud and clear on the fees issue. Sometimes I think it is better to do a lousy job and charge low fees because those guys always get the jobs - especially in low-rise commercial. Architects want it all for themselves.

Take care,
-Gerry

>>> dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net 05/02/01 05:20PM >>>
Gerry,
Do you get the distinct feeling that Bill's Spurs are getting caught
somewhere they don't belong?>)
As much as I respect and even like Bill - I know enough to stay out of the
radius that his spurs occupy!!

A California Pragmatist
Dennis