Re: 1997 AISC seismic - IBC seismic design category D - OBF brace connections - column strength

As long as we are in this debate, I would like to re-open an old can of
worms.  Where exactly does the Omega level force end for braced frame
design (1997 UBC)?  I would like to ask this from two perspectives,
first from the legal point of view and secondly from a philosophical
point of view.  Does the footing need to be designed for Omega? Do the
anchor bolts need to be designed to Omega?  Does the base plate need to
be designed to Omega?...  There are several hints by various people and
papers, but I haven't found a definitive answer yet.
--
Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT