From: Nacionales Alex <acnacionales(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 19:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
I am checking a structural computation for a four
storey steel framed building. The framing in the
calculation shows fixed supports but the detail in the
plan shows the supports are steel baseplates with 4
25mm-anchor bolts. The columns are directly welded to
the baseplates. It is my opinion that this kind of
connection is a pinned type connection and should be
treated as such in the calcs.
Thank you for your comments.
Alex C. Nacionales, C.E.
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org