Re: Fixed or pinned support

Hi Alex,
With the limited info, it is hard to draw any conclusion here.  A fixed
base connection would have been supported with pretty substential amount
of calculations by the EOR. His calcs should show the force transfer
from the
columns into the footing either by coupling force method or some such.
Wonder size and thickness of the base plate? Reinforced base plate or
not? You seemed to indicate only the diameter of the bolts. How about
lengths of those bolts.
Is the concrete footing directly under it or some kind of concrete wall?

Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA