RE: Need Practical Mechanics of Matl's/Structural Analysis Book

Aaron,
Its been a long time since I took my PE (relatively speaking). I think you
are best spending your time focusing on the code and analysis methods used
for wood, steel, concrete and masonry. Shear and Moment diagrams are not as
important (in my opinion) as seeking the solution for a specific problem
(finding the maximum shear and moment to size a member or design a
connection).
In fact, as I recall, when time became short, I picked up points by
explaining in plane English what steps I would take to complete the problem
and what I was trying to accomplish to satisfy the problem. This is given
some weight as the professional checking the problem wants to know that you
know how to complete the design.

Keep your focus on the intent of the code and design methodology to solve
practical problems.

Dennis