Re: Fixed or pinned support

"Welded steel structures" by Blodgett has a section on
designing base plates subjected to moment and axial
load. Use the formulas to check if the base
plate/anchor bolt detail can sustain the applied
column loads. Check the adequacy of the anchor bolt
embedment in concrete to transfer the column loads
into the foundation. And, check if the weld at
column/base plate is adequate for applied column
loads. If all of these modes check okay, then the
detail can be treated as fixed.

A four bolt base plate is more likely going to provide
a fixed condition. A two bolt connection, on opposite
sides of the web will be a pinned connection.

Rajendran