RE: Need Practical Mechanics of Matl's/Structural Analysis Book

Title: RE: Need Practical Mechanics of Matl's/Structural Analysis Book

>I'm getting ready for the PE and I want to brush up on the hand
>methods to make sure I'm fast and clear on everything...
>shear & moment diagrams, structural analysis, etc.
>Can someone please recommend a good
>old (or new) book to suit?

"Analysis of Structures: An Integration of Classical and Modern Methods" by Harry H. West is my favorite reference on classical and modern methods of structural analysis. Dr. West is one of my favorite professors from my days at Penn State.

Amazon.com seems to have two rather reasonably priced used copies you could get here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=sdp_used_b/102-0848748-4705764?index=fixed-price&field-offering-type=used&field-asin=0471829498&field-status=open&size=25&rank=+price&dbdat=2

If that link wrapped, you'll have to creatively cut and paste it in ... or just go to amazon.com and search the title and author to get to the same place yourself.

Hope this helps.

Charlie