Re: Need Practical Mechanics of Matl's/Structural Analysis Book

I just took the exam on April 20th, don't waste your time with this.  If
you can calculate section modulus and moment of inertia of simple shapes
you will be fine.  Even those you can probably look up in your steel
book for standard shapes.  All deflections, moments, and shears you are
likely to see you will be able to solve with standard beam tables.  My
favorite reference are the solutions in the beam section of my LRFD
book.  If you spend more than a couple of hours on this, you are going
way overboard.

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, Utah