From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 2:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Engineering compensation --> steel moment connections

My omission.  Very true.  The "problems" were with welded steel moment
connections.  But then, who knows...may be next time there will be
problems with bolted steel connections or plywood shear walls or concrete
frames...

To me, the point is that the moment someone gets a little "cocky" and
thinks they know it all or that they have "it" just right,
fate/mother-nature/a-divine-power/what-ever-you-want-to-call-it steps in
and teaches a hard lesson.

Scott