RE: New home noises - need some advice?

Thanks Roger,
Your second thought is most in line with my own. I suspected that the
natural camber in the bottom chord of the trusses (wood plated trusses)
flattened out due to the long term dead load of the tile roof. I know the
quality of construction and it is fair - there have been suits against the
builder for construction defects, but my opinion is that there are no major
defects - just mostly cosmetic disputes. I do think, as I've stated, that
the top plate of the interior non-bearing partitions were originally tight
to the bottom of trusses very close. I think the walls are taking load from
the bottom chord of the trusses. I don't think it is a buckling  condition
as the load isn't that great since there are no vertical struts to pass the
upper chord tile load to the lower chord and wall. If anything, it is
exhibiting loads now that have not been applied when the home was originally
constructed and the trusses have probably not reached their maximum
settlement due to creep.

I have not visited the site yet. I do believe the owner as she recorded the
sounds. I don't believe I can draw any real conclusion from the sound itself
other than to isolate it to a metal stud or wood wall.

Do drywall screws for 22 or 24 gauge studs have a tendency to pull through a
thread or so and if it happens, will this cause the metallic sound she is
referring to?

Dennis