Re: Need Practical Mechanics of Matl's/Structural Analysis Book

To me, that is very sage advice.  Even though I blanche at the thought of
doing civil work (excuse me while I shiver), the fact that I have my PE in
board civil terms (in Michigan, one takes the civil PE exam not the struct
I) means that I have some flexibility if I ever need it.  Who knows, maybe
I will get tired of hanging around with all you other boring structural
engineers! <grin>

Another perspective is that there is a push to get an national SE license.
This "push", however, meets some resistance from those who basically do
general civil work but also do some structural work too.  Typically, this
type of individual does not want to see a seperate SE license because then
they would need to get two licenses.  I do see a national SE license
becoming more of a possibility since structural engineering is becoming
more and more specialized.

Scott