Re: Fixed or pinned support

Alex,
With given bolting layout all inside the column flanges, right off hand
would view the column base connection being pinned and designed for
shear only, even though it might still be able to develope some fixity.
checked manually (too poor to own any STADD or SAP program yet),
that the base connection could develope at most 26% of the column or
the pedestal moment capacity considering ideal fixity of the foundation.

I would  discount any fixity with this column base connection. You
might want to discuss this with the EOR since you are representing the
owner.
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA.