Re: New home noises - need some advice?

Hi Dennis,
Interesting! I have not had any experience with design of metal studs in

residential construction yet but soon.
I had long experience with popping sound of nails from wood construction

when I lived in old houses in my school days. It generally sounded like
cracking noises in a burning stove, not as described as "a hollow soft
sound", like to find out what it really is.
Were you able to see if any clearance left in between top of interior
studs and bottom of roof trusses or the hard ceiling just sealed off
everywhere that it was
impossible to check without any distructive inspection.
Sorry unable to help but sure like to follow up and learn from your
findings.
Regards,
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA