Scott, FYI I was the Lead Structural Engineer for the design of the Bradley
Lake Hydroelectric Project on the Kenai Peninsula. It was an interesting and
challenging project - designed for a maximum credible earthquake with a
0.75g peak ground acceleration and a 1.88g peak spectral acceleration. We
also designed the powerhouse bay-side wall for impact from a tsunami.
I lived in Anchorage for two years ('85-'87) during the design of the
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Haan, Scott M. [mailto:HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us]
> Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 6:18 PM
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: Alaska - turn Texas into a reservior to solve
> California's energy crisis
> I like hydroelectric dams personally.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org