Re: Fixed or pinned support

" . . . the base connection could develope at most 26% of the column . . .
capacity . . . ."

"I would  discount any fixity with this column base connection."

Maybe 26% of the column capacity exceeds the applied moment at the base.  If
that's the case, then I'd say it is FIXED for my analysis.

[I haven't been paying close attention to this thread, so if I've missed
something that would render this response buffoonish, I heartily apologize!
If this is in fact the case, then this isn't me responding at all, probably
one of my kids.]
John P. Riley, PE, SE
Riley Engineering
20 Oakwood Drive, Blue Grass, Iowa 52726
Tel & Fax:  319-381-3949
jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com