RE: New home noises - need some advice?

Chris,
Nail pops and squeaking floors is very common in wood framing. Squeaking is
the shank of the nail rubbing against the plywood subfloor caused by
shrinkage that provides more room for the nail to move. There are easy fixes
for this one.
Nail Pop's can in gypsum can easily be avoided by using drywall screws. If
using nails, the builder might minimize pop's by using a fabric tape,
however it rarely happens if the wall is taped properly with a paper tape.
I've seen it happen when a  builder neglects the tape and simply skim coats
the drywall over the nail head (especially where corner beads are used).

There is nothing to be seen at the top of wall without removing some
drywall. At this point, the owner is not willing to do this as there is no
damage - only disturbing sounds. I am, once again, moving to the conclusion
that the lower truss chord is bearing on the non-bearing walls due to
settlement over time of the dead load weight to the trusses (that
essentially removes the camber).

I will also contact Larry Williams at LGSEA to see if there is any
information that he can offer based on the experiences they have had in
cold-form steel.

Thanks again,
Dennis