Running applications from the Web?

Hi

I have been reading a lot of stuff on being able to
rent structural, mechanical, piping, etc engineering
applications on the web. There is a company called
Web4Engineers (I am not sure of the spelling). They
rent products like RISA, STADD, etc. for a period of
time so you don't have to buy it outright. And then it
runs through your bowser...no CD, no lock. What do you
guys think of this? Is this the wave of the future?
Maybe people can use it in combination with their
desktop versions...you would have less to bill your
customer...I tried and it seemed to run slow on a 56k,
but on a DLS it was really good.

Thanks

Rick Culean