Closer look to Building rigid moment frame Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Closer look to Building rigid moment frame Design
- From: "namvy" <namvy(--nospam--at)hcm.vnn.vn>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 05:29:52 +0700
It will be my deep gratitude if can anyone briefly show me the followings.:
Building rigid moment frame:(tapered sect. column+rafter)
- width : 54m w/ mid span column , i.e.. 27+27 = 54m,
(assumed this mid span col is pinned connection to rafter at ridge)
-bays : 8@9 m
- EaveHeight: 8m
- Monitor roof along Bldg length
- block works side walls ( as per esthetics architectural req.)
- 2 gabble-end-wall frame will be a RC casted.
I am considering the MBMA 86 as governing design code.
- lateral deflection at eaveheight : I am taking account as = EH /375 ( due to block works attch to steel )
- vert. deflection of rafter : Span / 180 = 27000/180
- Load comb: ASD-89 ( I decreased load by 33%)
(DL + LL)*0.75
(DL + WL)*0.75
no seismic load applied
I spent a certain time on it and thought i just need your valuable experienced specialist out there.
Any different advice also be appreciated.
Thanks and regards
- Prev by Subject: Clear space for no. 11 rebars in mat foundation [10 story buildin g]
- Next by Subject: Re: Closer look to Building rigid moment frame Design
- Previous by thread: RE: UBC
- Next by thread: Re: Closer look to Building rigid moment frame Design