Try a thermostatically controlled fan it the attic to help controlled wide
swings in the temperature. No kidding.
Steel trusses deflect very little and do not exhibit creep to my knowledge.
They were probably installed with no camber. The foundation may have
settled a bit to load the partitions.
George Richards, P. E.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org