Re: Increasing Kl/r

Paul,

	Your concept seems a bit exotic for a "building" component but it
should work if you take care of the details.  My own preference would be
to clamp the end connections sufficiently to ensure complete
longitudinal shear transfer and, hence, to make the combined section a
true composite member for both axial and bending loads.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson