Re: question: heat endurance of concrete

The Concrete Construction Handbook offers the following:

"Concrete strength and stiffness properties decrease significantly as the
temperature is increased much above 800 F.  Consequently, concrete load
bearing members should not be exposed continuously to temperatures above
500 F.  Continuous exposure to temperatures above 900 F may result in
spalling."

Some people would suggest that 500 F might a little too un-conservative.
They would tend to suggst that concrete load bearing members should not be
exposed to temperatures that exceed 400 F on a continuous basis.

HTH,

Scott