Re: Old Steel Joist Properties

Nattamai,

These are not a standard SJI type joist according to the 60 year SJI
Digest.  So they will be a manufacturer's specific item.  If you have
access to the joists, check for any tags or stamps that you might find,
typically towards no end.  These will be the erection tags indicating
which end goes where.  Also contact your local joist suppliers.
Sometimes they can give you an idea especially if you have an
approximate time frame.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.