Re: Floor flatness/stair flatness

I have been involved with the design of just a handful of schools in PA, but
this is the first that I've heard of this (granted none were in the last year
or two).  Forgive me for being ignorant, but I would think 1:12 slope would be
the minimum for ADA, however, if it's a private school, they may have their
own requirements above the minimum.  I'm a bit confused, because normally you
see flatness requirements for industrial or similar applications, for the
machinery tolerances, not for kids running up and down stairs.  Unless you're
leaving something pertinent out...(like maybe a university-level lab or
something?  But then again, you mentioned PADE.  ???)  Please, elaborate, and
where in PA?

Mark Nowmos