RE: Floor flatness/stair flatness

James,

Reference: ACI 117 Standard Specifications for Tolerances for Concrete
Construction and Materials, Section 4.5.5 which will direct you to the ASTM
E 1155 (F sub L and F sub F stuff) or to the straightedge method.  ACI 117
is invoked through ACI 301.  Also check out the ACI 117 commentary, it
explains the tolerances much better.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague