Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: residential pier foundation design

Nels,

Division 92 is the "voluntary earthquake hazard reduction in existing wood frame residential buildings with weak cripple walls and unbolted sill plates."

The "seismic design provisions for hillside buildings" is section 1666 of chapter 16 of the 1999 Los Angeles Building Code, and they are mandatory for new construction and alterations.

Regards,

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA