Check the catalogs again. They do provide such numbers.
Of course, there's no telling where they came from. Were they ICBO-quality
How do the calculations for strength using the provisions of the ACI 318
Appendix C (which will be out in the next edition, and which provisions are
available in the "Cook" book--as I call it--for use currently) compare to
ICBO tests, if any? (Sorry, this is stream of consciousness stuff; if anyone
knows the answers that'd be great!)
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: YI [mailto:YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 1:02 PM
Subject: RE: Nelson Stud
I checked out their catalog, it has the yield strength of the material they
use for the studs, not the actual pull-out strength.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org