Fw: INCORRECT UBC METRIC UNITS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Fw: INCORRECT UBC METRIC UNITS
- From: Thys Cilliers <cillmc(--nospam--at)mweb.co.za>
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:11:14 +0200
Hi fellow members,
Not having the full code, just a few pages that Neil Moore e-mailed me (thanks again!), I found some worrying things:
If you look at 1816.4.6 just below formula (16-12-1) it says: 1 pound = 4.45kN whereas it should be 4.45N
(in other words a factor of 1000 out!).
What is more worrying: was this "wrong value" used in producing the formulae? (e.g. 16-12-2, can I use the formula as it stands, or must I divide it by 1000??)
Have there been any errata published on the code that perhaps address such errors?
http://www.joshmadison.com/software has an excellent program downloadable in case you find it helpful (I can remember what it was like converting from imperial to metric in South Africa, so my sympathy). This program is freeware.
- Prev by Subject: RE: In Re: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"
- Next by Subject: Increasing Kl/r
- Previous by thread: Re: Question Re CFS Built-Up Beams
- Next by thread: IBC 2000 Deterministic ground motion