Not sure as to the origin of your question.
Are you trying to DESIGN a metal building? Or are you simply skeptical of
the standard metal building design approach and details?
If the former, are you working as a consulting to a M.B. manufacturer?
If the latter, I would point out that metal building folks have been in
business a LONG time, and I would venture to say that the established
manufacturers--and there are a surprising number of them--have this down
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: HAMID [mailto:hamid(--nospam--at)dishnetdsl.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 12:04 AM
Subject: doubts in Pre-engineered metal building design
Hi every one
I have some doubts regarding pre enginnered metal building design.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org