Re: doubts in Pre-engineered metal building design

Be very skeptical.  These manufacturers design to the tightest of what the
code allows.  And some of them seem to design in a vacuum, I believe the
psychological term is "solipsism", where the outside world is just a fantasy
envisioned by the beholder.  Check all their numbers.  I get the feeling
that they have people just plugging numbers into a design program, with no
review by an actual engineer.  Perhaps I'm being cynical or paranoid, but
the use of Z-sections makes me cringe (especially when they are not
laterally braced for torsion).

Mark Nowmos (not a fan of these cheap, to-the-letter-of-the-building-codes
buildings)