Re: Info Requested: Microstation PowerDraft

Bill,

Another option for you is using SmartSketch by Intergraph.    It is a "low
cost" CAD tool with will read and write Microstation and AutoCAD drawings.
It will read  *.cel, *.dgn, *.dwg, and *.dxf and write *.dgn, *.dwg, and
*.dxf.   It is 2D only though, but for around $500 it takes care of me.
More info is at http://www.ingr.com/smartsketch/

Ed Haninger
Fluor Daniel

                    "Bill Polhemus"
                    <bill@polhemus.      To:     "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, "Aec-Residential@Polhemus. Cc"
                    cc>                    <aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
                    05/12/01 05:59
                    PM                   cc:
                    Please respond
                    to seaint            Subject:     Info Requested: Microstation PowerDraft

                                                                                                                 .

I have a single--but VERY important--client that requires drafting using
Microstation. I am reluctant to purchase the full-blown Microstation
product
because it will simply sit here gathering dust 90% of the time.

It looks like Bentley has a "light" version of Microstation called
"PowerDraft". Has anyone here had any experience with this product? Does it
work "the same" as full-fledged Microstation? What is the relative cost?
Anything else I should know?

FWIW, I HAVE looked at Bentley's website, but per usual they really don't
have much specific information, they just tell you to "contact a reseller",
which I have done via email, but they are typically very little help, only
existing to sell products.

I'd like to have a more informed opinion.

the views of the company.