Introducing the new Structuralist.Net Cybrary

I am pleased to announce the creation of the new Cybrary Forum. Coined from the terms Cyberspace and Library, the Cybrary will provide storage for structural calculations donated by interested members of the structural engineering community. The details need to be worked out but the forum has been created and I am ready to load calculations based on major categories (Concrete, Foundations, Masonry, Steel, Wood etc.).
The Structuralist.Net Cybrary is requesting manual calculations for virtually any type of analysis including but not limited to:
  • Simple beam and columns of any materials,
  • Connections - welded and bolted
  • Concrete, Masonry, Steel and Wood structural members.
  • Welded connections
  • Wind and Seismic Lateral Design
  • Foundation Analysis
  • Piles, Caissons and Grade Beams
  • Retaining Wall Examples
  • Code Interpretation Examples - Application of various code sections either by analysis or flow chart processes
  • Static and Dynamic Modeling - FEM (Explanations for setting up Finite Element Models for various commercial programs)
  • Hillside foundation design
  • Seismic Retrofit
  • Tilt-up Concrete Design
  • Slender wall Masonry and Concrete
  • Cantilevered Lateral restraint Columns
  • Structural Slab design
  • ad infinitum - the limit is up to you!
Access to the Cybrary is by registration on the Structuralist.Net Discussion Forum. This requires special permission levels to be set as well as authorization by the administrator to the special Cybrarian Group. At this time, I am seeking professionals who are willing to donate structural calculations and participate in the establishing standards for the responsible use of the information. The Cybrary will be available to professionals and students (who wish to learn from the calculations posted).

NOTE: The Structuralist Cybrary is not visible to those who have applied for membership. Membership, as always, is free but restricted to help establish responsible use of the materials offered. The Cybrarian members (those participating in the development and stocking of the Cybrary) will ultimately determine whether the Cybrary remains restricted or is allowed to be accessible to all visitors.

If you are interested in participating in this exciting project or simply referencing the materials as they become available, please send an email request to cybrary(--nospam--at)structuralist.net and I will respond with specific instructions for you to register online. I ask that you submit this request as special permission levels and assignment to the specific member group must be assigned by the administrator.

NOTE: When submitting your request to join, please include a user name that can be used to acknowledge you to the site. When you register online, you will be asked to choose a user name and it is important that you use this same name. This is my only acknowledgment that you are requesting Cybrary access.

The preliminary comments I have received have all be supportive and encouraging. The idea of a professional Cybrary is considered an appealing and creative idea that can benefit professionals in practice. I encourage anyone who wants to participate to contact me at cybrary(--nospam--at)structuralist.net. The diversity of specialties that exist on this list will provide a excellent reference to your professional peers. I look forward to hearing from you and in your participation.

All instructions for submittal of calculations will be sent by return e-mail.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply visit our discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action="">

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire link beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no spaces between any of the letters or characters.

Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: