Re: CARBON FIBER

You may want to contact the FYFE Company (858)-642-0694. Their Carbon Composites
are ICBO certified and they have structural engineers on staff who can supply
very good technical support. I have used their carbon composites with very good
results where conventional reinforcement was not practical.

Please note that all carbon composites are not created equal, make sure you
receive ICBO reports and you use only authorized contractors. It's still your
P.E. on the line.

Regards,

Nick Pitera

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          JOSÉ EDWARD    |
|        |          CRISTIANI      |
|        |          <jedward(--nospam--at)uol.co|
|        |          m.br>          |
|        |                         |
|        |          05/15/01 07:36 |
|        |          AM             |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to seaint      |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------|
  |     To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org                        |
  |     cc:     (bcc: Nick Pitera/EG-Engrg/3M/US)        |
  |     Subject:     CARBON FIBER                        |

  Dear Colleagues:
  I need informations about reinforcement of concrete (and steel?) by means of
carbon fiber . Any imput as softs, books, sites,etc will be welcome.
  Thanks in advance
  Edward