Anchoring in seismic zones

Dear Sirs,

I have a question about anchoring to the concrete.

Our structures are connected to the concrete by chemical or short mechanical anchors. My question is about anchoring in seismic zones. Chemical anchors are not suitable for cracked concrete. In Europe they are not recommended because during seismic event concrete cracks. But in the USA I?ve seen evaluation documents for chemical anchors. There you can find that those anchors are not suitable for cracked concrete but they are allowed to resist seismic forces and some document allows even increasing of allowable stresses (extra 33% up). I have also understood that mechanical anchors in seismic zones are not really welcomed in USA.
Thank you for any suggestion to this topic.

What should I do then to fulfill criteria accepted by US building officials?

Jan Hermanek