TRUSS QUESTION

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I was asked to design a 110 ft span roof truss. The truss will only carry the standing seam roof and some lamps inside. No snow, medium risk seismic zone and a 75 mph wind. The supporting columns will be made of concrete. The owner wants to use equal leg angles (L) and tubes (HSS) in A36 steel for price reasons.

Any suggestions on truss shape (Pratt, Howe, scissor, etc), truss depth, truss spacing and if intermediate columns are required?

Thank you for your prompt answers,

Juan José