RE: TRUSS QUESTION

No but do check uplift from wind putting the bottom chords in compression,
unbraced length.

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 11:12 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: TRUSS QUESTION

I was asked to design a 110 ft span roof truss. The truss will only carry
the standing seam roof and some lamps inside. No snow, medium risk seismic
zone and a 75 mph wind. The supporting columns will be made of concrete. The

owner wants to use equal leg angles (L) and tubes (HSS) in A36 steel for
price reasons.

Any suggestions on truss shape (Pratt, Howe, scissor, etc), truss depth,
truss spacing and if intermediate columns are required?

Thank you for your prompt answers,

Juan José