Here's the thing:
The architects, the contractors, and even the building owners, will not pay
for anything more. I know that I have to simply accept THE SAME MONEY for
doing a better job--and thus for turning out a better product--then many of
my "competition", or else I must either NOT work (and starve) or turn to the
Dark Side myself.
I used to think it was me: I just couldn't do the quality of work needed in
the short amount of time that others were able to do it in. Then I started
seeing what OTHERS were doing, and realized the truth.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: Plan check overview
Some [structural drawings], more frequently than I would have ever believed,
so bad I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with them. These
are "for construction" drawings that would not be considered preliminary in
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org